One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cowboy who breaks in wild or half-tamed horses.
- ‘Roosevelt wrote about the life of a broncobuster: he ‘receives high wages and deserves them, for he follows a most dangerous trade, at which no man can hope to grow old.’’
- ‘Retired Rodeo Riders, another striking rodeo shot taken the same year, features several aged, onetime broncobusters in wheelchairs, staring gloomily at the camera.’
- ‘Action-packed drawings depict calf ropers going after a speedy target, rodeo clowns doing their important job of distracting a dangerous bull, trick riders atop galloping steeds, broncobusters attempting to ride wild horses, and other exciting rodeo acts.’
- ‘Along the way, he has also been a rodeo broncobuster, metal shop class instructor for seventh through ninth graders, singer, barber, and farmer of 76 acres.’
- ‘This cross-cultural exchange strengthens the self-respect of all three broncobusters; nevertheless, it is the youngest of the three, Johnathan himself, to whose growth attention is drawn.’
- ‘From the earliest days, said Shirley, Orr's Ranch was a gathering spot for freighters, cattle and horse wranglers, sheepherders, broncobusters, miners and trappers.’
- ‘His great frustration in life - even though I'm no broncobuster, was that I rode him every day and never got thrown.’
- ‘Some 75 broncobusters compete for $57,000 prize money in the national rodeo championships in Dallas.’
- ‘The owner's son, Jack, was a broncobuster who later worked in the movies in Hollywood.’
- ‘Each year over the Fourth of July weekend, the Toppenish Pow Wow & Rodeo brings crowds of people to Toppenish to watch broncobusters and Native American dances.’
- ‘After heading west at the age of 15, he ranched with relatives in Colorado, then knocked around the U.S. and Canadian Rockies, working as a drover and broncobuster.’
- ‘When the bus makes a scheduled stop in Fairfield where the annual rodeo is in progress, Mollie runs into broncobuster Duke Hudkins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.