One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fiber-optic cable that is passed into the windpipe in order to view the bronchi.
- ‘For example, an observational study of 26 U.S. facilities revealed that the vast majority of endoscopes and bronchoscopes were improperly disinfected.’
- ‘The probe was led through the working channel of the bronchoscope and placed in gentle contact with the bronchial mucosa.’
- ‘On fiber-optic bronchoscopy, the bronchoscope could not advance through the nose, and an oral approach was required.’
- ‘While the bronchoscope is passed through your nose or throat into the lungs, it may cause some discomfort.’
- ‘Open lung biopsy via thoracotomy was popularized in the 1960s. Before this time, transbronchial biopsy via a rigid bronchoscope or needle biopsies were used.’
- ‘Similarly, the World Congress of Gastroenterology and the British Thoracic Society espouse the recommendation that gastrointestinal endoscopes and bronchoscopes be disinfected before use on the first patient of the day.’
- ‘The rigid bronchoscope effectively stented open the airway and when removed prompt endotracheal intubation was possible.’
- ‘Bronchoscopy performed under local anesthesia during forced expiration confirmed the extent of the collapsed segment, and we then passed an ultrathin bronchoscope beyond the choke point.’
- ‘The anesthesia care provider positions a left main stem bronchial blocker under direct vision using a flexible bronchoscope, which stops ventilation of the left lung.’
- ‘Make gentle, precise movements when removing and placing items such as laryngoscope blades or bronchoscopes on the table to prevent splatter and to decrease aerosolization of particles.’
- ‘Because DPS uses a fiber-optic probe that is guided through the working channel of a bronchoscope, the technique is limited to lesions of the proximal bronchial tree.’
- ‘Tracheal stent insertion was performed under general anesthesia with a rigid bronchoscope.’
- ‘To install the sheath onto the bronchoscope, the D-shaped bronchoscope is inserted into the D-shaped opening of the sheath housing until the distal tip reaches the sheath window.’
- ‘Semicritical items that will come in contact with mucous membranes and nonintact skin (eg, bronchoscopes, laryngoscopes) require high-level disinfection.’
- ‘Examples of semicritical items include bronchoscopes, anesthesia equipment, and gastrointestinal endoscopes.’
- ‘For rigid endoscopic delivery systems (eg, laryngoscopes, bronchoscopes, laparoscopes) care should be taken to avoid beam heating of the sheath wall.’
- ‘In addition, the bronchoscope cannot pass areas of stenosis or occlusion, prohibiting evaluation of distal areas.’
- ‘This was accomplished by anchoring the tissue with grasping forceps or applied suction, and removing the bronchoscope while visualizing the secured tissue as the bronchoscope passes through the upper airway.’
- ‘A sheathed brush is passed through the bronchoscope then passed repeatedly over the visible lesion.’
- ‘Although sterilization would be most effective in preventing pathogen transmission, flexible bronchoscopes are not easily sterilized.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.