One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fiber-optic cable that is passed into the windpipe in order to view the bronchi.
- ‘To install the sheath onto the bronchoscope, the D-shaped bronchoscope is inserted into the D-shaped opening of the sheath housing until the distal tip reaches the sheath window.’
- ‘In addition, the bronchoscope cannot pass areas of stenosis or occlusion, prohibiting evaluation of distal areas.’
- ‘For rigid endoscopic delivery systems (eg, laryngoscopes, bronchoscopes, laparoscopes) care should be taken to avoid beam heating of the sheath wall.’
- ‘The rigid bronchoscope effectively stented open the airway and when removed prompt endotracheal intubation was possible.’
- ‘Similarly, the World Congress of Gastroenterology and the British Thoracic Society espouse the recommendation that gastrointestinal endoscopes and bronchoscopes be disinfected before use on the first patient of the day.’
- ‘The probe was led through the working channel of the bronchoscope and placed in gentle contact with the bronchial mucosa.’
- ‘This was accomplished by anchoring the tissue with grasping forceps or applied suction, and removing the bronchoscope while visualizing the secured tissue as the bronchoscope passes through the upper airway.’
- ‘Make gentle, precise movements when removing and placing items such as laryngoscope blades or bronchoscopes on the table to prevent splatter and to decrease aerosolization of particles.’
- ‘Open lung biopsy via thoracotomy was popularized in the 1960s. Before this time, transbronchial biopsy via a rigid bronchoscope or needle biopsies were used.’
- ‘Because DPS uses a fiber-optic probe that is guided through the working channel of a bronchoscope, the technique is limited to lesions of the proximal bronchial tree.’
- ‘The anesthesia care provider positions a left main stem bronchial blocker under direct vision using a flexible bronchoscope, which stops ventilation of the left lung.’
- ‘Examples of semicritical items include bronchoscopes, anesthesia equipment, and gastrointestinal endoscopes.’
- ‘Although sterilization would be most effective in preventing pathogen transmission, flexible bronchoscopes are not easily sterilized.’
- ‘Bronchoscopy performed under local anesthesia during forced expiration confirmed the extent of the collapsed segment, and we then passed an ultrathin bronchoscope beyond the choke point.’
- ‘Tracheal stent insertion was performed under general anesthesia with a rigid bronchoscope.’
- ‘A sheathed brush is passed through the bronchoscope then passed repeatedly over the visible lesion.’
- ‘While the bronchoscope is passed through your nose or throat into the lungs, it may cause some discomfort.’
- ‘Semicritical items that will come in contact with mucous membranes and nonintact skin (eg, bronchoscopes, laryngoscopes) require high-level disinfection.’
- ‘On fiber-optic bronchoscopy, the bronchoscope could not advance through the nose, and an oral approach was required.’
- ‘For example, an observational study of 26 U.S. facilities revealed that the vast majority of endoscopes and bronchoscopes were improperly disinfected.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.