One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fiber-optic cable that is passed into the windpipe in order to view the bronchi.
- ‘While the bronchoscope is passed through your nose or throat into the lungs, it may cause some discomfort.’
- ‘A sheathed brush is passed through the bronchoscope then passed repeatedly over the visible lesion.’
- ‘For rigid endoscopic delivery systems (eg, laryngoscopes, bronchoscopes, laparoscopes) care should be taken to avoid beam heating of the sheath wall.’
- ‘Open lung biopsy via thoracotomy was popularized in the 1960s. Before this time, transbronchial biopsy via a rigid bronchoscope or needle biopsies were used.’
- ‘Examples of semicritical items include bronchoscopes, anesthesia equipment, and gastrointestinal endoscopes.’
- ‘The rigid bronchoscope effectively stented open the airway and when removed prompt endotracheal intubation was possible.’
- ‘Bronchoscopy performed under local anesthesia during forced expiration confirmed the extent of the collapsed segment, and we then passed an ultrathin bronchoscope beyond the choke point.’
- ‘Because DPS uses a fiber-optic probe that is guided through the working channel of a bronchoscope, the technique is limited to lesions of the proximal bronchial tree.’
- ‘Make gentle, precise movements when removing and placing items such as laryngoscope blades or bronchoscopes on the table to prevent splatter and to decrease aerosolization of particles.’
- ‘The probe was led through the working channel of the bronchoscope and placed in gentle contact with the bronchial mucosa.’
- ‘For example, an observational study of 26 U.S. facilities revealed that the vast majority of endoscopes and bronchoscopes were improperly disinfected.’
- ‘Semicritical items that will come in contact with mucous membranes and nonintact skin (eg, bronchoscopes, laryngoscopes) require high-level disinfection.’
- ‘Similarly, the World Congress of Gastroenterology and the British Thoracic Society espouse the recommendation that gastrointestinal endoscopes and bronchoscopes be disinfected before use on the first patient of the day.’
- ‘This was accomplished by anchoring the tissue with grasping forceps or applied suction, and removing the bronchoscope while visualizing the secured tissue as the bronchoscope passes through the upper airway.’
- ‘On fiber-optic bronchoscopy, the bronchoscope could not advance through the nose, and an oral approach was required.’
- ‘Tracheal stent insertion was performed under general anesthesia with a rigid bronchoscope.’
- ‘To install the sheath onto the bronchoscope, the D-shaped bronchoscope is inserted into the D-shaped opening of the sheath housing until the distal tip reaches the sheath window.’
- ‘In addition, the bronchoscope cannot pass areas of stenosis or occlusion, prohibiting evaluation of distal areas.’
- ‘Although sterilization would be most effective in preventing pathogen transmission, flexible bronchoscopes are not easily sterilized.’
- ‘The anesthesia care provider positions a left main stem bronchial blocker under direct vision using a flexible bronchoscope, which stops ventilation of the left lung.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.