One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drug that causes widening of the bronchi, e.g., any of those taken by inhalation for the alleviation of asthma.
- ‘This disease responds to asthma medications such as bronchodilators and inhaled corticosteroids.’
- ‘Essential drug and medical supplies were supplemented to include oxygen, intravenous fluids, parenteral antibiotics, bronchodilators, and drugs for gynaecological and obstetric emergencies.’
- ‘Inhalation of bronchodilators and corticosteroids is the mainstay of treatment for patients with asthma.’
- ‘He was initially treated with several antiasthmatic medications, including inhaled bronchodilators, inhaled steroids, and theophylline, without any relief of symptoms.’
- ‘Your doctor may ask you to inhale a bronchodilator drug used in asthma treatment to open obstructed air passages.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.