Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A drug that causes widening of the bronchi, e.g., any of those taken by inhalation for the alleviation of asthma.
- ‘Essential drug and medical supplies were supplemented to include oxygen, intravenous fluids, parenteral antibiotics, bronchodilators, and drugs for gynaecological and obstetric emergencies.’
- ‘This disease responds to asthma medications such as bronchodilators and inhaled corticosteroids.’
- ‘Inhalation of bronchodilators and corticosteroids is the mainstay of treatment for patients with asthma.’
- ‘He was initially treated with several antiasthmatic medications, including inhaled bronchodilators, inhaled steroids, and theophylline, without any relief of symptoms.’
- ‘Your doctor may ask you to inhale a bronchodilator drug used in asthma treatment to open obstructed air passages.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.