Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes. It typically causes bronchospasm and coughing.
- ‘Differentiation between pneumonia and acute bronchitis is important because of the therapeutic consequences.’
- ‘A bout of influenza in 1997 developed into bronchitis and pneumonia and put him into hospital.’
- ‘It focused on therapy, and chronic bronchitis and emphysema were redefined.’
- ‘This is a viral infection that typically causes conjunctivitis, bronchitis, rash and fever.’
- ‘Chronic bronchitis is an inflammation and eventual scarring of the lining of the bronchial tubes.’
- ‘Rarely, flu can develop into a high fever, acute bronchitis, encephalitis and pneumonia.’
- ‘Similar issues arise in relation to bronchitis or asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.’
- ‘Laryngitis may also be a feature of bronchitis, pneumonia, flu or measles.’
- ‘Wilson and colleagues looked at emphysema and chronic bronchitis separately.’
- ‘In a few cases the symptoms appeared within the context of chronic bronchitis or late stage pneumonia.’
- ‘Over the years, the patient had been hospitalized many times with bronchitis and pneumonia.’
- ‘This means it is very bad for people with respiratory problems such as bronchitis and asthma.’
- ‘Sometimes the cough from acute bronchitis lasts for several weeks or months.’
- ‘They all presented with typical symptoms of bronchitis and recurrent sinusitis or otitis.’
- ‘Pneumonia, bronchitis, and sinus and ear infections are three examples of complications from flu.’
- ‘Moreover, about half of the subjects with new asthma also reported chronic bronchitis.’
- ‘Some human lung diseases such as chronic bronchitis may leave the patient drowsy or even comatose because of the build up of carbon dioxide in the body.’
- ‘Sometimes, the colds cause pneumonia or exacerbate chronic bronchitis or asthma.’
- ‘Maternal smoking was associated with only wheezy bronchitis and not asthma.’
- ‘Sometimes people with a chronic lung disease such as emphysema or bronchitis can take beta blockers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.