One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes. It typically causes bronchospasm and coughing.
- ‘Chronic bronchitis is an inflammation and eventual scarring of the lining of the bronchial tubes.’
- ‘Pneumonia, bronchitis, and sinus and ear infections are three examples of complications from flu.’
- ‘Laryngitis may also be a feature of bronchitis, pneumonia, flu or measles.’
- ‘Some human lung diseases such as chronic bronchitis may leave the patient drowsy or even comatose because of the build up of carbon dioxide in the body.’
- ‘They all presented with typical symptoms of bronchitis and recurrent sinusitis or otitis.’
- ‘Over the years, the patient had been hospitalized many times with bronchitis and pneumonia.’
- ‘It focused on therapy, and chronic bronchitis and emphysema were redefined.’
- ‘A bout of influenza in 1997 developed into bronchitis and pneumonia and put him into hospital.’
- ‘Rarely, flu can develop into a high fever, acute bronchitis, encephalitis and pneumonia.’
- ‘In a few cases the symptoms appeared within the context of chronic bronchitis or late stage pneumonia.’
- ‘Sometimes, the colds cause pneumonia or exacerbate chronic bronchitis or asthma.’
- ‘Wilson and colleagues looked at emphysema and chronic bronchitis separately.’
- ‘Differentiation between pneumonia and acute bronchitis is important because of the therapeutic consequences.’
- ‘This is a viral infection that typically causes conjunctivitis, bronchitis, rash and fever.’
- ‘Sometimes the cough from acute bronchitis lasts for several weeks or months.’
- ‘Moreover, about half of the subjects with new asthma also reported chronic bronchitis.’
- ‘Sometimes people with a chronic lung disease such as emphysema or bronchitis can take beta blockers.’
- ‘Similar issues arise in relation to bronchitis or asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.’
- ‘Maternal smoking was associated with only wheezy bronchitis and not asthma.’
- ‘This means it is very bad for people with respiratory problems such as bronchitis and asthma.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.