Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the bronchioles.
- ‘During the acute stage of disease, the histologic appearance consists of a combination of bronchiolitis and alveolitis with granuloma formation.’
- ‘Respiratory syncytial virus outbreaks of bronchiolitis and pneumonia are more common in children's wards and rare in immunocompetent adults.’
- ‘RSV could cause bronchiolitis, otitis media (ear infection), or pneumonia.’
- ‘We've looked at over 400 different specimens, all from children with bronchiolitis and pneumonia and other respiratory symptoms.’
- ‘Bronchodilator drugs are drugs help to relieve breathing difficulties caused by asthma, bronchitis and bronchiolitis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.