Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The ramifications of the two main bronchi in the lungs.
- ‘My problem is really, that I need something to kill the bacteria in my airways, nose and bronchia.’
- ‘The higher the index, the more molecular violations the researchers observed in the bronchia.’
- ‘That is why we will never find tuberculosis in the bronchia.’
- ‘Fourthly, the tube can be curved into the bronchia without deforming its tubular cross section.’
- ‘So, the member is sick in the sense that the bronchia are becoming inflamed due to no medication stopping the mucous production.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.