One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition of dullness and weakness due to excessive intake of bromide sedatives.
- ‘Prolonged intake of potassium bromide can lead to bromide intoxication or bromism.’
- ‘Luckily, the diagnosis of bromism and six hours of hemodialysis brought him around.’
- ‘The more strongly marked this sign in the iris the more symptoms of chronic bromism will be exhibited by the patient.’
- ‘Similarly, psychosis and hyperpigmentation are found in patients with bromism, while psychosis occurs independently in patients with homocystinuria.’
- ‘It is unclear how much bromide must be absorbed before symptoms of bromism become apparent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.