Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A vegetable that is a hybrid of broccoli and kale, with small florets on slender stalks.
- ‘Add the broccolini and beets and simmer until warmed, about two minutes.’
- ‘To create a favorite combination of your own, choose a vegetable at its peak, such as asparagus or broccolini.’
- ‘With the delicious mess of crab and pasta, the Centiolis serve spinach or broccolini sautéed with garlic and pour a Brunello or a Cabernet.’
- ‘To serve, arrange a lobster tail, some claw meat, and broccolini in the center of a plate.’
- ‘The à la carte steaks meet their match in excellent sautéed mushrooms, the onion-ring tower and a marvelously smoky, singed stack of grilled broccolini (it tastes interestingly bitter, like broccoli raab).’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.