One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A karakul sheep.
- ‘He especially valued these broadtails for their meat, the "most delicious" lamb he had ever tasted.’
- ‘I do not see a problem in selling astrakhans, broadtails or caracals.’
- 1.1 The fleece or wool from a karakul lamb.
- ‘The sheep aren't killed for their lambs, which is one reason broadtail is exclusive and expensive.’
- ‘Most common are jackets and coats, but designers have recently used broadtail to manufacture dresses, skirts, pants and boots.’
- ‘Albert Kriemler, the designer of Akris, said he would never use broadtail from a lamb fetus.’
- ‘And he toured a major broadtail production farm in the the former Soviet republic of Uzbekistan.’
- ‘The black broadtail stripes are individually cut and hand-sewn into the white lamb, all for $2,700.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.