One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Carpet woven in wide widths.‘wall-to-wall broadloom’
- ‘The texture was always soft, with blades thicker than the tufts in my new plush broadloom.’
- ‘For carpet, considerations include broadloom vs. tile; stretch-in vs. glue-down; and nylon, olefin or wool fibers.’
- ‘‘Say the design team has to decide whether to use carpet tile or broadloom in a particular location,’ says Sanford Smith, corporate manager for real estate and facilities, Toyota.’
- ‘Tufted broadloom carpeting and wool area rugs give the Idea House interior a warm, casually elegant air.’
- ‘Choose broadloom carpet if a plush, cushy feeling underfoot is important to creating the desired image.’
- ‘As a starting point, the firms had to be financially stable and able to provide both broadloom and carpet tile in quantities Fidelity needed.’
- ‘Previously, broadloom carpet almost always won the battle of the budget when up against carpet tile.’
- ‘When rugs are cut from broadloom carpeting, you can specify any size or shape you want.’
- ‘Don't be like the guest of a guest at one of my cocktail parties a number of years ago who dropped a lit cigarette on my white wool broadloom and thought it more seemly to stub the cigarette out than to pick it up.’
- ‘For instance, broadloom carpeting may run $20 per yard, and the going rate for installation might be around $5 per yard.’
- ‘While it's difficult to generalize with any accuracy, many broadloom carpets run about $20 per square yard installed.’
- ‘Glue-down installation is appropriate for broadloom and tile.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.