One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for long jump
- ‘The players also were tested in the bench press, broad jump, vertical jump, short shuttle and 3-cone drill before concluding the workout with positional drills.’
- ‘At the Berlin games, the last before World War II, Hitler walked out on Jesse Owens, refusing to watch the African-American athlete compete in the broad jump.’
- ‘He also leaps one inch higher in the vertical jump and four inches farther in the broad jump than he had at the NFL Scouting Combine in late February.’
- ‘He was the one, who encouraged me to take to the broad jump.’
- ‘His first trial at the running broad jump was not satisfactory.’
- ‘Within a span of 45 minutes, he tied the world record in the 100-meter dash and broke world records in the broad jump, 200-yard dash, and 220-yard low hurdles.’
- ‘As a freshman, Breck tried out for the track squad and lettered in the broad jump and 100-yard dash.’
- ‘Suggs did not lift because of a tight shoulder, but he completed the rest of his workout with an impressive broad jump, vertical jump and short shuttle.’
- ‘Did not run well at the Combine, but his 10-3 broad jump was best among running backs.’
- ‘Next there is a wrestling match, the broad jump, the javelin, and boxing.’
- ‘We did the static stations first, which are those for standing broad jump, shuttle run, sit-ups and chin-ups.’
- ‘Brackins also performs in the broad jump, 20-and 60-yard shuttles and the 3-cone drill.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.