Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1another term for osteogenesis imperfecta
- ‘Small Bones is charity which aims to help children with scoliosis, brittle bone disease and rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘The boy was eventually found to be severely allergic, the girl to have the skin condition Schamberg's disease and injuries from her bicycle, and the baby to have brittle bone disease.’
- ‘We all hear a lot about this brittle bone disease, but who actually gets it and why?’
- ‘Researchers at the Karolinska Institute researchers stressed that stem cell therapy was not a cure for OI, or brittle bone disease.’
- ‘These include osteopenia (a milder form of bone loss), brittle bone disease, and osteomalacia (vitamin D deficiency).’
2another term for osteoporosis
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.