One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A filmy fern with hairlike bristles protruding from the spore-containing bodies. Most bristle ferns have delicate fronds and live in damp shady places, chiefly in tropical areas.
Genus Trichomanes, family Hymenophyllaceae
- ‘Bristle fern demands shaded crevices and grottoes in sandy or acidic rocks.’
- ‘In the darkest areas in several gullies, he found the Killarney bristle fern.’
- ‘The streak-sorus fern is often associated with, most notably, the Appalachian bristle fern.’
- ‘Ferns of interest included the bristle fern.’
- ‘Bristle fern, Polystichum and Rumohra are some of the genera which have representatives in the South African flora.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.