One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A light sweet yeast bread typically in the form of a small round roll.
- ‘In comes a white chocolate marquise and a French brioche toast with strawberries and ice cream.’
- ‘Panettone, stollen, brioche or malted fruit breads are ideal for this.’
- ‘Arrange the remaining brioche and pour the remaining custard over the terrine.’
- ‘Dip the small brioche rounds in the vanilla custard and place in the bottom of the mold, pressing gently to secure.’
- ‘Even the brioche round on which it sat was stale.’
- ‘Elsewhere prices for brioches, soda breads and rye loaves are spiralling as demand surges.’
- ‘Cut the brioche into long triangles and arrange on a parchment-lined sheet pan.’
- ‘For the brioche: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.’
- ‘To finish the brioche, in a medium saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat.’
- ‘Place a brioche round to one side of a plate with a portion of quince compote on top.’
- ‘In a large bowl, combine the brioche and creme anglaise and toss to coat.’
- ‘Arrange the brioche rounds on a dinner plate and top each with a slice of the monkfish liver.’
- ‘Place the round slice of foie gras into the hollowed brioche and reserve.’
- ‘Invert the mold onto a cutting board and transfer the brioche to a wire rack to cool.’
- ‘For the brioche dumplings, place the veal bones in a medium bowl, Sprinkle with salt, and cover with cold water.’
- ‘Brioche a tete is a traditional Parisian brioche in which two dough rounds are stacked in the same mold.’
- ‘Transfer the large pieces to the prepared brioche pans and, using a paring knife, score the top.’
- ‘Place a slice of roulade on top of each of the brioche rounds.’
- ‘The brioche roll was the perfect vehicle for everything.’
- ‘Classic summer pudding is made with stale bread but it is much better made with store bought pound cake or brioche.’
French, from Norman French brier, synonym of broyer, literally ‘split up into very small pieces by pressure’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.