One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disappointment or letdown; comedown.
- ‘Things are probably bleak enough without me being such a bringdown.’
- ‘Sorry to be such a bringdown, but what may be fun for you is selfish when you shove it down everyone else's throat.’
- ‘He was one of the few interesting songwriters of the bringdown early 70's.’
- ‘Im gonna write a sketch about what a bringdown the third king is.’
- ‘The appearance of the band here is a bit of a bringdown - of all the bands I loved, they've aged worst.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.