Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small fairy shrimp that lives in brine pools and salt lakes and is used as food for aquarium fish.
- ‘Daphnia are close relatives of the freshwater shrimp, and the brine shrimp (Artemia).’
- ‘His future goals include determining the optimum feeding density of brine shrimp.’
- ‘Let's just say that I now owe someone about a half a ton of premium North Atlantic brine shrimp.’
- ‘The recently imported brine shrimp pets are under attack and may even be banned.’
- ‘In another two to three days the young should have graduated to newly hatched brine shrimp.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.