Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small fairy shrimp that lives in brine pools and salt lakes and is used as food for aquarium fish.
- ‘Daphnia are close relatives of the freshwater shrimp, and the brine shrimp (Artemia).’
- ‘Let's just say that I now owe someone about a half a ton of premium North Atlantic brine shrimp.’
- ‘His future goals include determining the optimum feeding density of brine shrimp.’
- ‘In another two to three days the young should have graduated to newly hatched brine shrimp.’
- ‘The recently imported brine shrimp pets are under attack and may even be banned.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.