A circular cut for diamonds and other gemstones in the form of two many-faceted pyramids joined at their bases, the upper one truncated near its apex.
- ‘Side cut diamonds do not sparkle as much as the brilliant cut diamonds.’
- ‘A brilliant cut diamond pendant, is the elegant prize on offer for the best dressed woman.’
- ‘A popular engagement ring for women is the round diamond brilliant cut.’
- ‘In its center floats a brilliant-cut acrylic diamond with 53 sides.’
- ‘The Tiffany round brilliant cut is the more traditional choice of the two.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.