One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very early in the morning.
- ‘Our coverage will be bright and early tomorrow morning here in the United States.’
- ‘The morning dawned bright and early and Kathryn was shaken awake by the woman.’
- ‘Now, the actor kicked off his campaign bright and early in the morning by hitting the talk shows.’
- ‘Christmas Eve morning dawned bright and early and with it my airplane flight home to Seattle.’
- ‘The next morning she was up bright and early so she could be absolutely perfect for the President.’
- ‘The next morning Bonnie was up bright and early for her training.’
- ‘I want someone from the cottage on the hill working for me bright and early tomorrow morning.’
- ‘Morning came bright and early for the two lovers, a little too early for most normal human beings.’
- ‘I'll see you bright and early tomorrow morning.’
- ‘Desiree woke up bright and early on the morning of the 25th.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.