One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural brigadier generals
An officer in the US Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps ranking above colonel and below major general.
- ‘A wing, normally commanded by a brigadier general, is the Air Force's prime warfighting instrument.’
- ‘Now a brigadier general, Roosevelt performed with distinction, first in North Africa, then in Sicily.’
- ‘As the lone brigadier general present, I was the last to respond.’
- ‘He was promoted to brigadier general in February 1865.’
- ‘He was a brigadier general, and he had been sent by Eighth Army Headquarters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.