One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Dental bridges collectively.
- ‘Missing teeth can be replaced with fixed bridgework in some situations.’
- ‘‘It's like being 21 again,’ says Jack, who recently had bridgework and dentures replaced.’
- ‘The toxic metal has also made its way into computer chips, golf clubs and dental bridgework.’
- ‘We do not recommend these for people with bridgework as they can put undue stress on a bridge.’
- ‘If you currently have a denture you should consider the potential benefits of bridgework.’
- 1.1 The construction or insertion of dental bridges.
- ‘Bridgework can restore teeth both functionally and cosmetically.’
- ‘Tomorrow I have my bridgework done on my front teeth.’
- ‘Just a dentist rarely does his own bridgework, we sometimes lack the time to upgrade our own desktops.’
- ‘Tax relief is available on the more expensive treatments such as bridgework and root canal treatment.’
- ‘Non-routine dental expenses, including bridgework and orthodontic treatment, do qualify for tax relief.’
The component parts of a bridge.
- ‘As there was no footway, there was fear that some might fall through the bridgework to the river.’
- ‘By constructing a solid foundation, you build the bridgework for a lifetime of career success.’
- 2.1 The construction of bridges.
- ‘A lane closure is scheduled at the Presumpscot River Bridge for bridgework.’
- ‘Chronological excerpts connect historical islands with an elaborate quasi-fictional bridgework.’
- ‘In addition to bridgework, there will be pipe/trench work taking place at various locations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.