One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mixture of various bite-size snack foods, such as nuts, raisins, and chocolates, typically served in a bowl at card games, parties, etc.
- ‘Bridge is going through a renaissance, with younger players joining the game and swapping bridge mix for diet snacks.’
- ‘I bought a 16-oz package of bridge mix; mostly raisins, no nuts.’
- ‘A salty mix is South Asia's answer to mid-century American bridge mix.’
- ‘This combines quality nuts with the finest chocolates to produce this deluxe bridge mix assortment.’
- ‘These pretty little tubes are filled with cherry flavored jelly beans, or delicious bridge mix.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.