Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mixture of various bite-size snack foods, such as nuts, raisins, and chocolates, typically served in a bowl at card games, parties, etc.
- ‘These pretty little tubes are filled with cherry flavored jelly beans, or delicious bridge mix.’
- ‘A salty mix is South Asia's answer to mid-century American bridge mix.’
- ‘This combines quality nuts with the finest chocolates to produce this deluxe bridge mix assortment.’
- ‘I bought a 16-oz package of bridge mix; mostly raisins, no nuts.’
- ‘Bridge is going through a renaissance, with younger players joining the game and swapping bridge mix for diet snacks.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.