Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A woman whose behavior in planning her wedding is regarded as obsessive or intolerably demanding.
- ‘You won't find any bridezilla stories here, but it's still an interesting idea.’
- ‘This season one Bridezilla WILL be left at the altar!’
- ‘Sindi has turned into bridezilla, and is freaking out about every little thing.’
- ‘And these bridezillas are bad for the image of New Yorkers, too.’
- ‘I could give a million reasons why the date is sooner than any bridezilla would recommend.’
1990s: blend of bride and Godzilla.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.