Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A suite of rooms in a hotel for the use of a newly married couple.
- ‘The bridal suite is housed on the Victorian side of the house.’
- ‘The bridal suite was available early on the wedding day for dressing and photographs.’
- ‘It's not the bridal suite, I thought that would be in poor taste, but I'm told it's very nice.’
- ‘Colt calls and makes reservations for the bridal suite for a week.’
- ‘Maybe on reflection some songs are best left until the reception, or even the bridal suite.’
bridal suite/ˈbrīdl swēt/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.