Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A service offered by a store or other organization in which a bridal couple's gift preferences are recorded so as to be available to family and friends when shopping at the store.
- ‘Stem wear and other crystal items are commonly listed as desired gifts on bridal registries.’
- ‘Many framers may see a bridal registry as superfluous to their framing services.’
- ‘This bride had her TWO bridal registries printed right on her invitations.’
- ‘Be sure to setup your honeymoon at the same time as you setup your bridal registry!’
- ‘There are more bridal registries being started.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.