One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who engages in bricolage.
- ‘Now working mainly with wood she has turned from being a maker of precious objects into a witty bricoleur.’
- ‘In his subsequent career, Jennings established for himself the vocation of bricoleur of English culture.’
- ‘Recent critics tend to place brilliant bricoleurs above singular craftsmen.’
- ‘It is also the source of a great part of the subcultural bricoleur's stylistic savvy.’
- ‘Moore seems to me Modernism's purest bricoleur, weaving her poems from shreds and patches.’
French, literally ‘handyman’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.