One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place where bricks are made.
- ‘A brickyard was established the year of the fire, and limestone and sandstone were quarried from the cliffs.’
- ‘In 1882 alone local brickyards supplied three million bricks to builders.’
- ‘Heinz started work at the age of 8 in his father's brickyard in Pennsylvania.’
- ‘Drive me out to the brickyard, and let me take a look.’
- ‘He and his family lived in a brickyard that had a field kitchen used by the troops of the 29th Infantry Division.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.