One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place where bricks are made.
- ‘Drive me out to the brickyard, and let me take a look.’
- ‘In 1882 alone local brickyards supplied three million bricks to builders.’
- ‘Heinz started work at the age of 8 in his father's brickyard in Pennsylvania.’
- ‘He and his family lived in a brickyard that had a field kitchen used by the troops of the 29th Infantry Division.’
- ‘A brickyard was established the year of the fire, and limestone and sandstone were quarried from the cliffs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.