Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A bottle, can, or glass of beer.
- ‘Truth be told, though, I could go for a cold brewski right about now.’
- ‘Imagine you had a desire one day to quaff your thirst with a good, strong brewski.’
- ‘You just got here and you already sucked down two brewskis.’
- ‘And one of the ironies can be found in the accompanying sound of millions of brewskies being popped in celebration.’
- ‘You can pay me back by treating me to a few brewskies’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.