One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A yeast that is used in breadmaking, winemaking, and the brewing of top-fermenting beer. It is also consumed as a source of vitamin B and is used in laboratories as an important research organism.
- ‘A strong infusion of the tea with brewer's yeast treats delayed menses.’
- ‘Even some single-celled eukaryotes are familiar, such as brewer's yeast or athlete's foot fungus.’
- ‘This B vitamin is found in fresh green leafy vegetables and brewer's yeast.’
- ‘Human absorption from food is estimated at about 2-3 percent and 510 percent from brewer's yeast.’
- ‘The patties - typically made of corn syrup, soy flour, and brewer's yeast - create another problem.’
- ‘The high starch content of corn can be converted to sugar and then fermented to ethanol fuel by brewer's yeast.’
- ‘We use brewer's yeast to feed fleas when we're raising them for experiments.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.