- British term for brant
- ‘The grazing intensity of wintering brent geese was monitored on areas of grass pasture.’
- ‘During our latest visit to the reserve brent geese were the main attraction.’
- ‘You can help them by reporting sightings of brent geese away from the coast.’
- ‘Ten brent geese being tracked by radio transmitters have reached Canada's arctic.’
- ‘The Eastern Canada population of light-bellied brent geese is relatively small, comprising perhaps only 20,000 birds.’
Late Middle English: of unknown origin.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.