Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A document, genuine or fraudulent, that can serve as a basis to obtain other identification documents or benefits fraudulently.
- ‘We have seen big problems with breeder documents, birth certificates, Social Security numbers.’
- ‘This situation is worsened by the availability of fraudulent breeder documents over the Internet.’
- ‘The first criminal threat stems from the fact that the cards can be a perfect breeder document for establishing a false identity.’
- ‘This is possible because in most countries the so-called breeder documents such as birth certificates are very easy to fake.’
- ‘In its forum, a significant amount of time was spent on fraud associated with breeder documents.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.