One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A position of a fetus in which the buttocks or feet emerge first at birth.
- ‘Oligohydramnios and breech presentation are associated with an increased risk of DDH.’
- ‘His breech presentation required careful maneuvering.’
- ‘As her condition was deteriorating, we planned to induce delivery, but a breech presentation was subsequently discovered.’
- ‘The indications for the cesarean deliveries were categorized as breech presentation and others.’
- ‘The reasons for performing a cesarean section were breech presentation and narrow birth channel.’
- ‘The illustrations below show the most common types of breech presentation.’
- ‘It showed a late second-trimester fetus in a breech presentation.’
- ‘As breech presentation is itself significantly associated with poor perinatal outcome.’
- ‘Of these controls, 217 showed breech presentation after the 28th week of pregnancy.’
- ‘Cesarean section was performed at term because of breech presentation.’
- ‘An infant born via breech presentation will often pass meconium prior to delivery, even without fetal distress.’
- ‘Patients at intermediate risk include girls born in breech presentation.’
- ‘Stimulation of acupuncture points used in Eastern medicine is very effective in correcting breech presentation.’
- ‘Hypnosis has been reported helpful in the conversion of the breech presentation to vertex.’
- ‘She planned to give birth to her second child at a hospital because the baby was a breech presentation.’
- ‘In some situations forceps may be the safest option for delivery - for example, with an undiagnosed breech presentation.’
- ‘Developmental hip dysplasia has some common risk factors, including breech presentation birth.’
- ‘The following excerpt describes a woman with a breech presentation in her first pregnancy.’
- ‘None had conditions requiring special management during pregnancy such as breech presentation.’
- ‘Fewer women had breech presentations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.