One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For the next 50 years breech-loading muskets and rifles were made in England as sporting guns.’
- ‘Steel warships propelled by steam and equipped with breech-loading weapons had become standard.’
- ‘The breech-loading cannons were set to fire in only one fixed direction and were of little use.’
- ‘This coincided with rapid improvement in firearms, with breech-loading rifles replacing the musket.’
- ‘Recoil systems and cartridge ammunition increased rates of fire of breech-loading weapons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.