One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Rock consisting of angular fragments cemented together.‘copious quantities of breccia’
- ‘Intrusive breccias can be the host for metallic ore deposits and aesthetic mineral specimens.’
- ‘In some breccia zones the rock fragments exhibit partial melting and reaction rims.’
- ‘A volcanic or igneous breccia forms during eruptive activities.’
- ‘Breccias are associated with mechanical weathering in regions of high tectonic activity.’
- ‘It weights 751 grams and consists of breccia - sintered fragments of various minerals from lunar continents.’
Late 18th century: from Italian, literally ‘gravel’, ultimately of Germanic origin and related to break.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.