Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who believes that it is possible, through meditation, to reach a level of consciousness where one can obtain all sustenance from the air or sunlight.
- ‘At the site, you'll find the most extreme diet-claimers of all, the ‘breatharians,’ who claim to subsist on nothing but air and light.’
- ‘Some become breatharians, like the stigmatic who said ‘one can live on the Holy Breath alone.’’
- ‘To put it another way, science also rejects the flat-earthers, the breatharians and the creationists.’
- ‘I wasn't too excited at yet another ‘breatharian’ claim.’
- ‘In Queensland, the ‘breatharian’ movement is well known.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.