One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Burst out suddenly; emerge.
- ‘Despite my effort, a sob broke forth from my lungs, and his eyes were suddenly upon me.’
- ‘At last their feelings became too strong and broke forth in weeping and wailing, tears and groans, intermingled with shouts of glory and praise from some of the people of God.’
- ‘The tropical breeze sways the palms just as the sun breaks forth to start another spectacular day in paradise.’
- ‘Philip's smile broke forth again, pleased and relieved.’
- ‘A hoarse yell broke forth from some of the celebrants, a sign that her words were taking effect.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.