One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A coating of breadcrumbs, typically on fried food.‘onion rings with light, crispy breading’
- ‘At Beach Seafood, the breading is ever so delicate, just enough to seal in the juicy tenderness.’
- ‘For sides, get vegetables that don't involve potatoes, cheese, or breading.’
- ‘The first thing you notice about the chicken is the breading, unusually dark in color, heavily textured, very crunchy and delicious.’
- ‘The star of the show is the corn dog, which is offered in several different sausage styles and with your choice of breading, even including a cheese batter.’
- ‘It tasted sweet but not too sweet, and the breading was crisp with crunchy, tasty edges.’
- ‘This is huge, the hot dog thick and juicy and the dill pickle substantial, all fried in crispy golden breading.’
- ‘They had the mark of onion ring greatness - keeping the breading intact when taking a bite.’
- ‘According to the menu, the restaurant uses the thinnest breading in town.’
- ‘We tried an order of the fried ravioli, which had a big scoop of ricotta inside and not-too-thick breading.’
- ‘These zucchini fries are oven baked, with a light breading and a fresh buttermilk ranch dressing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.