One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Go outside in spite of poor weather conditions.‘many people braved the elements to enjoy the attractions’
- ‘For something completely different, brave the elements in an Icelandic outdoor hot pool.’
- ‘In the bar, a magnificent fire was leaping in the hearth, and the temptation was to stay in the warmth and eat there, chatting to the few locals who had braved the elements.’
- ‘Many traditional climbers braved the elements in the early morning to make the ascent to the top.’
- ‘Those who did brave the elements had to wade through a sea of mud.’
- ‘They found themselves in the middle of a tough decision: scrap the trip, or press on and brave the elements in hopes that the storm would pass.’
- ‘The small crowd which had braved the elements watched with a mixture of emotions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.