One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rowdy and ostentatious group of young celebrities, typically movie stars.
- ‘We can see the brat pack with their mouths down-turned.’
- ‘Lacking the irony of other children's films that make them enjoyable for accompanying adults, and being too young to fall in a brat pack genre, personally, I would recommend a visit to an Imax cinema and let them watch Lizzie McGuire on TV.’
- ‘The remnants of the brat pack will move from being young hopefuls to bitter, elderly middle-aged men by the time they have another chance to get into Government.’
- ‘But then came the new breed, aptly named the brat pack.’
- ‘We asked a bunch of Jakarta teens whether they consider the young stars a budding brat pack, or worthy of their esteem.’
- ‘She is devastated, and a wounded brat pack is a dangerous brat pack indeed.’
- ‘The problem I have encountered with the speed bumps is the brat pack that hangs about on the corner of Keswick Street.’
- ‘But instead of neo brat pack posing, we get intelligent, passionate, adventurous music.’
- ‘Probably, it is an advantage for the brat pack as they can choose from the options they have.’
- ‘His name is the same as that of a handsome 80's brat pack actor and that cracks me up.’
- ‘Like his father, Donald Sutherland, who matured into a lead actor with an eerily haunting presence, Kiefer has graduated from playing brat pack eccentrics to becoming a commanding character actor.’
- ‘City manager Neil Thompson was full of praise for his brat pack and admitted their displays had left him with a welcome selection poser for tomorrow's trip to Darlington.’
- ‘Very much like the brat pack, I thought - pompous, rich and with an attitude.’
- ‘It was only a matter of months ago that the so-called fresh new Brash team swept away the worn out young fogies of the English brat pack.’
- ‘The brat pack has become the rat pack, and it will become the geriatric pack in the next few years, having gone absolutely nowhere at all.’
- ‘This tend to be the Stockholm brat pack hangout, so get the champagne out and spray it in someone unknowing's face.’
- ‘She is being promoted but, of course, she is not getting ahead of the brat pack.’
1980s: after rat pack.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.