One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I like its brassiness, its in-your-face quality.’
- ‘Less laudable was the mono soundtrack, which has areas of dullness and areas of brassiness.’
- ‘She had a flawless peaches-and-cream complexion and ash-blonde hair, which, if occasionally aided by the peroxide bottle, lacked the brassiness of some of her contemporaries'.’
- ‘I noticed pronounced brassiness in some of the musical numbers, and the subwoofer lacked oomph in scenes where I thought it should kick in harder.’
- ‘Or opt for the highlighting kit with a unique squeeze-bottle applicator comb that mimics the salon weave/foil process and a shampooing toner to reduce brassiness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.