One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small goose with a mainly black head and neck, breeding in the arctic tundra of Eurasia and Canada.
Branta bernicla, family AnatidaeBritish term brent goose
- ‘We captured brant goslings at a single brood-rearing area used by brant from the Kokechik Bay colony.’
- ‘We believe that is because brant are reducing the levels of forage to such a low level in all treatments that the vegetation has no ability to compensate for increased grazing even when there is additional fertilization.’
- ‘Up to 60,000 geese, especially the northern or black brant, summer here.’
- ‘An internal hinge, spring loaded with a rubber band, made the wings quiver in the wind, giving the illusion of a live brant.’
- ‘Female brant are strongly philopatric to their location of birth, as is true for other geese.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.