One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The commercial value that derives from consumer perception of the brand name of a particular product or service, rather than from the product or service itself.
- ‘In summary, the underlying business in Europe is performing well and our brand equity remains strong.’
- ‘Yet, at the end of the day, very little is understood about the sources of brand equity.’
- ‘The good news is there was enormous brand equity there.’
- ‘We will continue to invest behind the strength of our brands and brand equity in Europe.’
- ‘The long-term threat of incentives to brand equity is real, analysts say.’
- ‘The higher your brand equity, the more your company is worth.’
- ‘The most visible phenomenon of brand equity lies in the massively high resale values of companies that hold very popular brands.’
- ‘Brand equity, however, couldn't do it alone.’
- ‘The phenomenon of high brand equity results in a smoother ride for the company.’
- ‘Calculate the contribution of brand equity to the bottom line.’
- ‘For the long term, he examines brand equity.’
- ‘This could actually undermine brand equity by nurturing a negative brand attitude.’
- ‘The goal of brand leadership is to build brand equities rather than simply manage brand images.’
- ‘The first approach to brand equity is to develop a figure for spend on the brand.’
- ‘In addition to giving something back to the community, the program positively raises our brand equity.’
- ‘A buzzword now, brand equity will no doubt become a significant management tool in the near future.’
- ‘The cheese category arguably has one of the biggest chunks of brand equity to be found in the overall dairy category.’
- ‘Tactical campaigns - doing sales promotions to generate short-term sales - shouldn't be used to replace great brand equity.’
- ‘In his mind brand equity always creates a price premium.’
- ‘On one hand, dairies want to boost their own brand equity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.