One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine for writing braille.
- ‘Lions provide thousands of people every year with free quality eye care, glasses, braillewriters, large print texts, white canes and guide dogs.’
- ‘As a result, an Australian company Quantum Technology, the manufacturer of the Mountbatten, an electronic multi-sensory braillewriter, has donated a Mountbatten with recorded Spanish.’
- ‘This arrangement may be confusing for anyone who has used a braillewriter and will probably be confusing to people who are using the BrailleMaster and learning to use a braillewriter at the same time.’
- ‘An electronic braillewriter is not unlike an electric typewriter, but has many more capabilities.’
- ‘The adults with visual impairments used a variety of communication modes, primarily braillewriters, slates and styli, sighted readers’ services, and sighted writers’ services.’
- ‘Tape recorders, braillewriters, talking calculator, and auxiliary hearing devices may be borrowed from the DRC.’
- ‘How many blind or visually impaired people do we know who can go out and buy something as rudimentary as a Perkins braillewriter today?’
- ‘A braillewriter will not be provided for you.’
- ‘They first became familiar with basic reading and writing skills, then advanced to using a Hall braillewriter, much as sighted children first learned to write with pencil and pen and then advanced to a typewriter.’
- ‘Devices listed in this section are small note taking devices that may or may not use a braillewriter keyboard.’
- ‘The braillewriter uses heavyweight paper (just like the braille printer) but it doesn't need any electricity to work.’
- ‘Label the angle with an ‘A’ at the vertex using slate and stylus or your braillewriter.’
- ‘The headmaster and students were very appreciative of the Braillewriters, however, they could still benefit from the donation of additional Braillewriters.’
- ‘We also loan equipment, like braillewriters and tape recorders, to help students learn alternate communication skills.’
- ‘Students will also learn to write literary braille, using a slate and stylus, as well as computerized braillewriters.’
- ‘With the help of a vision impairment teacher, the class worked on braillewriters to emboss cards and letters.’
- ‘These specially equipped rooms, located in Rooms 377 and 379, contain typewriters, braillewriters, text enlargers and magnifiers.’
- ‘With braillewriters ready, laptops open, and pencils sharpened, more than 45 students with visual impairments will participate in the Tenth Annual Technology Olympics.’
- ‘This braillewriter has six conventional keys, a backspace key on the left side and a center space key.’
- ‘These are no longer used in up-to-date programs for blind students because experience has shown that these tools are very cumbersome and inefficient when compared to the use of the braillewriter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.