One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for "brahmaputra"
- ‘Brahmas are gentle giants with feathered legs and feet.’
- ‘Brahmas arrived in the UK around 1840-1850.’
- ‘The only Asiatic breed of significance today, the Brahma, which originated in India, has three varieties.’
1The creator god in later Hinduism, who forms a triad with Vishnu the preserver and Shiva the destroyer.
2another term for Brahman (sense 2)
- ‘Though the Brahma and Shiva principles are still in existence, we will explore this in just a moment.’
- ‘"It is not enough," concludes Schuon, "to know that Brahma is Reality, the world is appearance.’
From Sanskrit brahman.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.