Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The creator god in later Hinduism, who forms a triad with Vishnu the preserver and Shiva the destroyer.
2another term for Brahman
- ‘"It is not enough," concludes Schuon, "to know that Brahma is Reality, the world is appearance.’
- ‘Though the Brahma and Shiva principles are still in existence, we will explore this in just a moment.’
From Sanskrit brahman.
- short for Brahmaputra
- ‘Brahmas are gentle giants with feathered legs and feet.’
- ‘The only Asiatic breed of significance today, the Brahma, which originated in India, has three varieties.’
- ‘Brahmas arrived in the UK around 1840-1850.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.