A small bract, especially one on a floral stem.
- ‘The genera of Atripliceae, as the tribe is traditionally defined, have flowers that are usually unisexual and enclosed by well-developed bracteoles.’
- ‘Segmented pedicels that bear mature fruiting bracteoles are present in Obione moneta, whereas bracteoles are strongly adherent to the stem in 0. leucoclada.’
- ‘Mature flowers are scarlet without clear differentiation between bracteoles, sepals or petals.’
- ‘Ontogenetic studies of the bracteoles in Chenopodiaceae could contribute to resolution of a robust phylogeny for the family.’
- ‘Each fertile shoot is composed of two fused bracteoles, which surround the microsporophyll.’