One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fungus that grows on living trees or dead wood, forming one or more shelflike projections that are the spore-producing bodies. Hyphae spread through the wood absorbing nutrients and can cause the death of the tree.
Several families (formerly in the order "Aphyllophorales"), class "Basidiomycetes"
- ‘Taken on September 7th in the woods near our house in Kilcolgan, this is obviously some form of bracket fungus.’
- ‘Two new records of Ceracis cornifer (Mellié) in the Southeast Region of Brazil are presented here, describing the association of this species with the bracket fungus Pycnoporus sanguineus.’
- ‘Here you can see the basidiocarp of the bracket fungus growing on the trunk of this tree.’
- ‘It is a sessile wood inhabiting fungus and is commonly known as ‘bracket fungus’.’
- ‘The artist's conk is a particular kind of bracket fungus, Ganoderma applanata.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.