One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Movement into a higher tax bracket as taxable income increases.
- ‘Bracket creep has seen 12% of New Zealanders now paying tax in the top bracket.’
- ‘To fix real bracket creep permanently, tax brackets should be adjusted for real income gains, or tax rates should be cut slightly each year.’
- ‘How much bracket creep is the Government gathering this year?’
- ‘The measure was introduced to reduce the frequency of bracket creep.’
- ‘All they've got is the extra $9,000 they've been paying through in federal taxes as a result of bracket creep and tax hikes in the past.’
- ‘The average New Zealand worker has had the second-biggest increase in income tax in the OECD, largely because of the bracket creep issue.’
- ‘He has all but ruled out Labor tackling the bracket creep problem by indexing the tax thresholds.’
- ‘If "bracket creep" has made things bad at the higher end, its impact on the basic rate of tax has been devastating.’
- ‘I looked at bracket creep which is effectively the force of higher wages pushing people into higher tax payment areas, into higher brackets of tax payment.’
- ‘These figures ignored the amount collected through bracket creep in the first years of the Howard Government.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.