One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crab belonging to the brachyura suborder of crustaceans.
- ‘Based upon the morphology of the chela and appendages and the orientation of the appendages with respect to the carapace, the new material is not referable to any macruran groups and must be a brachyuran.’
- ‘Schram and Mapes erected the new genus, Imocaris, to contain the oldest known brachyuran, also from North America.’
- ‘The taxon is unique among brachyurans due to its distinctive dorsal carapace ornamentation.’
- ‘This feature is present in crayfish, thalassinids, and anomalans but is presumably lost in brachyurans.’
- ‘The assemblage of decapods, one macruran, one anomuran and two brachyurans, is one that would be anticipated in the offshore, relatively quiet water setting of a delta front.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.