Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The treatment of cancer, especially prostate cancer, by the insertion of radioactive implants directly into the tissue.
- ‘The radioactive sources used for brachytherapy come in the form of small seeds or wires.’
- ‘Intracoronary brachytherapy involves treating coronary stenoses with a radioactive source from within the artery lumen.’
- ‘Vascular brachytherapy is now being used to inhibit the formation of scar tissue after a patient undergoes a balloon angioplasty of the heart for vascular stenosis.’
- ‘LDR brachytherapy, therefore, requires hospitalization, and the typical treatment is one session.’
- ‘First, intraoperative brachytherapy using radioactive I - 125 pellets permanently implanted in the resection margins may be of benefit.’
- ‘Cryotherapy for renal carcinoma and brachytherapy for prostate carcinoma will be discussed, as well as patient care, expected outcomes, and current research.’
- ‘Tumors of the prostate are often confined to the prostate itself and brachytherapy techniques used for the placement of radioactive seed implants can be adapted for the placement of interstitial optical fibers.’
- ‘And where we're starting to see this happen more in the clinic is for things like prostate brachytherapy.’
- ‘Most of these patients also had adjuvant therapy such as external beam radiation, brachytherapy, or chemotherapy.’
- ‘Endobronchial brachytherapy has been successfully employed as an adjunct in managing recurrent episodes of stenosis due to hyperplastic granulation tissue.’
- ‘It is also referred to as brachytherapy, implants or interstitial radiation.’
- ‘With the assistance of bronchoscopy, brachytherapy can be applied.’
- ‘Previous treatment options have included stents, laser treatment, cryotherapy, radiation therapy, and brachytherapy.’
- ‘Interstitial radiation or brachytherapy involves the placement of radioactive pellets into the prostate gland.’
- ‘Since the late 1980s, doctors have been increasingly using internal radiation, also called radioactive seed implants or brachytherapy, to cure prostate cancer.’
- ‘Regardless of the technique of choice, eg, photodynamic therapy, brachytherapy, Nd-YAG laser, or electrocautery, complete tumor eradication is the ultimate goal.’
- ‘The preferred method of treatment has become radiation therapy, given as external-beam or brachytherapy.’
- ‘The second method is brachytherapy, in which radiation treatment is given by placing radioactive materials directly on the tumour, inside the body.’
- ‘For the intubated patient with large obstructing lesions, brachytherapy appears to be a less feasible option than PDT.’
- ‘Options include radical prostatectomy, conformal radiotherapy or brachytherapy, hormone treatment, and active monitoring.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.