One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a relatively broad, short skull (usually with the breadth at least 80 percent of the length).Often contrasted with dolichocephalic
- ‘Thylacoleo are highly specialized brachycephalic predators with greatly hypotrophied molar rows and hypertrophied sectorial third premolars.’
- ‘In sthenurines the basioccipital plane is above the palatal plane, more markedly so in the brachycephalic species.’
- ‘The French bulldog is brachycephalic; its muzzle has been severely shortened, giving the impression of a flattened face.’
- ‘You also use much scientific language in your poetry: anthracite, barium, beryl, bituminous, brachycephalic.’
- ‘However, we have fossil records that tell us the brachycephalic (short-skulled, short-nosed, flat-faced) dog breeds, which include the Shih Tzu, Pug, and Pekingese originated in Central Asia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.