Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The arm, specifically the upper arm from shoulder to elbow.
- ‘The major muscle mass of the brachium is the triceps brachii muscle.’
- ‘On the lateral aspect of the brachium we first removed fascia to expose the muscles.’
- ‘In the sensitization phase, usually 200.gamma. of BCG-CWS is intracutaneously inoculated once a week, totally four times, at the right and left lateral brachiums alternately.’
- ‘The two are connected via the middle cerebellar peduncle (brachium pontis).’
- ‘Identify two muscles located cranially in the brachium (biceps brachii m., and brachialis m.).’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.